Sunday, July 8, 2012

258.0 - Just Sayin...

I'm sore.  Well, maybe sore isn't the right word.  I feel intense burning and pain every time I straighten my legs - in my hamstrings, my glutes, and my hips.  So much so it would wake me up from a sound sleep last night.  Ibuprofen is my BFF right now. I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin.  And while I'm just sayin, I'm just hobblin, too. 

I came across an interesting facebook page the other day called "How to loose 100+ pounds".  Apparently this woman was 278 lbs at the beginning of her journey, and through exercise and calorie cutting, she lost 100 lbs.  "Good for her!" I thought.  She posts inspirational quotes and pictures about 15 times a day on her site - those feel good-type motivational quotes.  She also has a book which I downloaded.  She suggested making a main goal, and breaking it down further and further until you have daily goals.

Here's my breakdown:

WITHIN 1 YEAR OF 7/5/12 (my official 're-start date'): loose 60 lbs
QUARTERLY - the 5th of October, January, March, July: loose 15 lbs.
MONTHLY - loose 5 lbs.
WEEKLY - loose 1.25 lbs.

60 lbs seems like a lot, but when it's broken down, it's much more manageable.

Weekly, I'm going to add different goals, too.  This week, I'm going to exercise at least 3 times, and I'm going to have at least 2 water bottles full of water.


She also recommended I have another goal besides just the number on the scale. I've decided my goal is going to be to do a sprint triathalon by the end of next summer.  I have to add that into my goal setting, too, so:

WITHIN 1 YEAR OF 7/5/12 (my official 're-start date'): loose 60 lbs and have chosen a sprint Tri.

QUARTERLY - the 5th of October, January, March, July: loose 15 lbs. - This quarter, I will look into local Sprint Tris going on in the area this summer to see which ones I 'd like to do next summer.
MONTHLY - loose 5 lbs. - This month, I will work on increasing my cardio by doing different exercises
WEEKLY - loose 1.25 lbs.  - this week, I will exercise at least 3 times.

The last thing she mentioned was making sure you have rewards in place.  Lets add those to the list, too:

WITHIN 1 YEAR OF 7/5/12 (my official 're-start date'): loose 60 lbs and have chosen a sprint Tri. My reward will be a wonderful trip somewhere - site TBD.

QUARTERLY - the 5th of October, January, March, July: loose 15 lbs. - This quarter, I will look into local Sprint Tris going on in the area this summer to see which ones I 'd like to do next summer.  My reward for accomplishing these goals this quarter will be a new outfit.

MONTHLY - loose 5 lbs. - This month, I will work on increasing my cardio by doing different exercises.  My reward will be a pedicure - and when I hit 10 lbs I will get a massage.

WEEKLY - loose 1.25 lbs.  - this week, I will exercise at least 3 times. My reward will be a Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt.  (I know, I shouldn't use food as a reward, but I have twins - it's really hard to schedule things without them with just a week's notice!)


 I weighed in today - I'm going to keep my Sunday morning weigh-ins, even though I re-started on Thursday. 
I also did my measurements today - not pretty, to say the least.

Well, I'm almost half way there to my 5 lb monthly goal, and I already have my nail polish out for an upcoming pedicure. It's on my desk, next to my computer, just waiting to be used.  Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment