Sunday, August 20, 2017

Day 1 - 270.4

So, the weight is from my last visit last week.  I didn't start the program right away because I was going on vacation.  We got home Friday, and Saturday morning was my official 1st day.
I learned some lessons from last time.  I cut back on my carb intake as much as I could on vacation.  I really think this helped this time around.
Day 1 -
For the first time in many, many, MANY years I slept in.  Dave woke up with the kids, and I slept in to 8:45.  8:45!  My kids are roosters - up at 7:03 like clockwork.  Sleeping in really helped with my first day.
My first shake was at 10 am.  Ok, I thought, I can do this again.  It's all coming back to me.  I had a big glass of water, and I was doing fine.  I planned on my next shake at 1 pm.
At 12:45 - the hunger hit me like a freight train.  I thought I was going to eat the counter.    I had my shake 15 minutes early, and the memories of the first time around came back - the starvation and the white knuckling it for the first few days.  So, I had my shake a little early, and after 15 minutes, I felt fine again.
The boys and I went to our friends house and went swimming.  I brought a shake with me.  We were in the pool, I was feeling fine, and someone announced it was 4:15.  I made it over my 3 hour mark, and still felt fine!  I drank another shake, and we packed up to head home.  Originally, our friends wanted us to have dinner with them - she bought muscles! - but I politely declined and went home.  There will be plenty of time for friend meals.
I was feeling a little funny around 6 - kinda fuzzy headed.  I made the kids supper and had my tomato soup with cayenne pepper.  By 7:30 I was tired.  I had a hard time getting the kids to bed, but I did it.  I held off until 8:30 to have my last shake - vanilla with Metamucil (tastes like a creamsicle) and I think I promptly fell asleep.
Hunger level at bedtime - 0/10.
Such a change from the first time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment