Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Boy, this place looks familiar.....

Hello!  Wow - has it really been 3 years since my last post??  Does anyone even read blogs anymore?  I'm running it old school and blogging again.
I'm sure you're just chomping at the bit for a brief synopsis of what's been going on for the past 3 years.  I've never been one to disappoint, so here we go!
They rest of 2014 - pretty smooth.  I continued working at my job with my long time friend and colleague. I precepted her in more FNP, and she got me back into CNM.  The patients were awesome ( low income Hispanic), my Spanish was coming along, the boys were being their awesome 4 year old selves,  and we were just cruising.  I was keeping the weight off.  I felt great!
All good things must come to an end.
April 2015 - we had a house fire.
Good news - we weren't home.  We were safe.  I won't go into the details - too long, too painful.  Just know we're safe, no one was hurt, we lost a whole lot of stuff, and at the end of the day, we sold the burnt out house to just move on with our lives.   This lead to months (and years) of healing.  We're not healed.  We know this.  But, we're getting there.
Through this, I had a 10 lb slip.  Still holding strong.
Then, in the middle of all this - dealing with banks and construction people and lawyers and insurance companies - my clinic decides to end it's contract with my employer.
This was the nail in the coffin.
During my time of unemployment - my husband decided he has to leave his job, too, and takes a job an hour away working nights and weekends and every single holiday.  We literally would go days without seeing him.  Total opposite schedules.  I felt like I was raising these boys on my own.
It was all too much, and I gained the weight back.
There was some really dark times, and the stress was overwhelming.  Through an amazing counselor and some amazing friends and an amazing antidepressant, I put 1 foot in front of the other and persevered.
I feel like now I'm really coming out the other side. We still live in an apartment, and the thought of owning a home sends me into a full blown hyperventilating panic attack, but I've come to peace with how I am right now.
My long time friend and colleague and I moved to a new clinic. We were there for a year and a half and she's moved on to more of a CNM role.  I can't blame her - she was a CNM first, and she's just so good at it!  I'll miss her, but I figure we've worked together in 3 jobs - I'm sure they'll be a 4th!
After 1 1/2 years of my husband working that awful job, he now has found one on days, and is reacclimating to the family.  Of course, he's already looking for another job, but that's another story for another time...
My boys are now 6!!  I know, right!? How did that happen??!?  They're entering 1st grade at the end of the month.
So now, I pull my head out of the sand, and, Whoa!!  All the weight is back.
So on Saturday.....I'm back to day 1 of optifast!

No comments:

Post a Comment