Thursday, April 10, 2014

239.6 - a total of 23.8 lost

I broke the 230's!  Yay! 
At this point, I have to say, I'm running out of steam on Full Fast.  I told myself I'd stay on full fast for 12 weeks, but I'm not sure now.  I think the last 2 weeks of loosing less than 3 lbs is really tough.  The weather is finally warmer, and I think that has something to do with it, too.  I'm not craving carbs, or ice cream, or anything like that - just chicken and other stuff on the grill.
But for now, I'm going to stay on Full Fast. 
I'm 6 wks in, 6 more to go. 

So, I think - "when was I last at this weight?"

I remember 244 - I was working as a CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife) - working about 85+ hrs a week, up at all hours of the night.  That was about 7 years ago.

Last time I was 239, it was my first year back to RI from Atlanta, that summer.  I remember renting a beach house and for 3 days straight, just laid on the couch.  I didn't even have the energy to answer the phone.  I was completely and utterly burnt out on life.  Mom had finished her first bout of cancer (of course, we didn't know it was the 1st - we thought it was the only). in 8 months, I had gotten married, gotten a new job in my new career was a CNM, mom got diagnosed with cancer, I quit my new job as a CNM after 4 weeks, rented out our house in Ga, moved to RI, got a new job as a CNM, I was absolutely exhausted!
I remember when I finally got off the couch, I enjoyed riding bikes, grilling, swimming, and just loving summer. 
I got back and weighed myself and I had gained 10 lbs. 
10 lbs!  Geez Louise!!

I feel like seeing my weight go down is like a time capsule.

I can do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment