Friday, November 18, 2011

Not hungry, then absolutely starving!

I'm still in my first week of Weight Watchers, and as we all know, they change the program about once a month.  I really don't think their changes have always been for the greater good of their clients, but more for marketing.  This most recent change, however, I feel was definitely to improve the program.
I love the fact that all fruits and veggies are free.  I also love that they seem to give you enough points that I'm (usually) not hungry.  I almost don't trust it, because I'm not hungry.  I do find, however, if I wake up in the middle of the night (which happens often with 12 month olds) I realize I'm hungry then I can't fall back to sleep.  This happened alot when I was pregnant.  I would wake up, need a snack, then be able to fall back to sleep.  Wednesday night, when I was up at 2:30, I was hungry.  Hungry isn't the right word - absolutely famished is a better description.  I was so hungry I was nausous.  Now, Wednesday was my insane day where I didn't get to eat (which I think is criminal, especially in the healthcare setting, but I digress), so I chalked it up to crazy eating habits, and not eating enough veggies that day.  I still didn't get up to snack, I just laid there and tried to get my mind off of it.  I was really worried, though, that this program would be like the others - hungry all the time and obsessing about food.  Yesterday, I did take a break and ate my lunch (unfortunately make patients wait, but I'm sick of not getting the break my pay is docked for and that I deserve) and everything was fine. 
I wonder if it's because I'm a little older, a little more dedicated, a little more  used to planning everything (you have to with twins), or the changes they have made in the program - possibly a mixture of all - but I'm finding the program quite reasonable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment