Friday, November 4, 2011

TGIF!!

Today, as I was feeding our babies, and searching the kitchen for something for dinner for Dave and I, I realized how happy I am about the food I make for the boys, and how little an effort I put into our meals.  I make sure the boys have organic whole milk, fruit and greek yogurt for breakfast, and protein (chicken and turkey) with veggies (carrots, green beans, broccoli) for supper.  Tonight, the boys had tortolini, carrots and green beans.  I looked over at the boys eating, and I saw James double fisting carrots, and Jonathan chewing on a green bean.  Dave and I, however, had macaroni and cheese and chicken wraps, which consisted of chicken in a tortilla with chipotle mayo and cheese.  No veggies, white pasta and cheese, cheese, cheese! 

I find I do well for breakfast (SBD oatmeal pancakes with sugar free syrup), and for lunch I  have a huge salad with mushrooms and tomatos, and either grilled chicken, or chicken salad on top.  I'll have a greek yogurt with it, but sometimes I don't eat it because I'm not hungry.  I could have more fruit or veggies for breakfast, but I'm quite pelased with my lunch.  Supper is my downfall, and I feel it has to do with lack of proper planning.  After working all day, I get home somewhere between 7-8:30 (depending on if I have to get the kids) or on Mondays, it's somewhere around 9ish.  I have no desire to start making a long involved menu at that time of night.  On the nights I don't work, I'm so busy running aorund after the kids all day, I barely have time to make dinner at all!  I love my crock pot, and I try to use it about once a week/ once every other week.  I find, however, 1) it makes meat only - no veggies, and 2) it makes so much of it, we're sick of eating it by day 4.  I have to branch out and get more recipes.

So...this just adds to my self realization of my relationship with food, my eating habits, and why what I'm doing just isn't workiny anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment