Sunday, March 30, 2014

Interesting dream last night...

I'm a food addict.  I know this.  I overeat when I'm happy, sad, stressed, anxious, the day ends with a 'y' - any excuse will do. 
I always thought me going on a "diet" or "healthy eating plan" was like telling an alcoholic "don't drink alcohol, but you have to drink beer every day." 
Except now.
I feel the physical part is covered - 5 shakes a day. 
I now have to work on the emotional/mental part.  That was a tough cookie to crack.
I think I've hit a turning point. 
I had a dream that I was eating a slice of pepperoni pizza.  First thing I thought was "Oh no - I've broke ketosis!".  So, I was eating pizza, and I realized it wasn't fabulous.  So, I threw out the rest of the slice, and said to myself "This isn't very good.  I don't need to finish this."
In real life, I wouldn't have done that in the past.  I would have blown it and given up.
Does this mean I'm changing my mindset?
I think so...

No comments:

Post a Comment